WONG FONG ENGINEERING WORKS (1988) PTE LTD
The policy applies to Wong Fong Engineering Works (1988) Pte Ltd and its associated/affiliated businesses, and outlines our obligations and practices in the handling of the Personal Data we collect and hold. If you have any questions on this policy or in relation to how WFE manages, protects and/or processes your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data [Definition]
Personal data (“Personal Data”) refers to all and any information relating to you obtained by us in the course of and as a result of the provision of any products and services by us to you. Personal Data includes but not limited to your name, mailing address, telephone number(s) and personal email address and NRIC number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs, employment information and financial information.
Why do we collect data [Purpose Limitation]
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers and prospective customers, for purposes relating the products and services we offer. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to your enquiries regarding products and services that we offer.
- Processing and managing feedback.
- Processing requests, orders and administering accounts.
- Providing customer support including account servicing (such as vehicle registration).
- Communicating with you in relation to products and services we provide, which are relevant to your existing relationship with us.
- Offering you updated marketing and promotional packages which you may benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners.
- Administering and managing your relationship with us as our customers.
- Meeting regulatory and legal obligations.
- Research and survey.
- Safety and Security of Premises.
We may for these purposes, contact you via mail (including electronic mail), telephone, SMS or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile devices.
How do we collect [Consent]
Where possible, we will collect your Personal Data directly from you and secure the relevant consent from you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as when you physically visit us at our Service Centres/Exhibition Booths to provide us a written order or virtually ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone or internet.
Our websites and mobile applications may also offer interactive facilities, such as enquiry and comment forms, where Personal Data may be collected. In addition, we may also obtain Personal Data from third parties such as our partners, contractors and regulatory authorities.
Where and when do we use your data [Notification and Transfers]
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your Personal Data to others. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless we have your consent and/or are required to disclose your Personal Data as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services to you, and/or for contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.
Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- Regulatory bodies and agencies,
- Land Transport Authority (LTA) etc.
- Insurers and financiers
- WFE data intermediaries, programme partners, other companies or individuals, including legal counsel and information technology service providers, who assist us in providing services
Some of our information technology service providers may be located overseas (if any) and, as a result, Personal Data collected and held by us may be transferred overseas.
Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your Personal Data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we have disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following :
- the disclosure is required by law; or is necessary for any investigation or proceedings.
- the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way.
- the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual.
For the full list of exemptions, please refer to the Act which is publicly available at https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PDPA2012.
Administration and Management of Data [Accuracy and Protection]
We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we may approach you via our marketing channel to get updates for your Personal Data. If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Security of Personal Data is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect Personal Data include:
- External and internal premises security;
- Restricting access to Personal Data only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- Maintaining physical security over paper records.
How to find out how is your data used [Access]
You can access most of the Personal Data we hold about you by contacting us formally through email at email@example.com. We will require a formal written request from you to our Data Protection Officer. An administrative fee may be charged to you to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
Access to Personal Data may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the Personal Data relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why as required by applicable laws.
How can you withdraw your consent? [Withdrawal of Consent]
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales and marketing information via a specific mode or all modes of communications (e.g., mail, email, telephone calls, SMS-Text), please notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 4 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for the change to take effect.
How long would your data be kept [Retention]
Your Personal Data will only be retained for a reasonable period based on your transaction purposes, usually no more than 5 years or as required by law.
Who can you find [Resolving concerns]
Should you believe that the privacy of your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com. We will take the relevant steps to address your concerns.
When visiting our sites, you will not be required to provide us with any Personal Data unless you request information about our product or service, or provide a feedback. In which case, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your request.
Wong Fong Engineering Works (1998) Pte Ltd
79 Joo Koon Circle